1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weed Man

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NLS, Jan 26, 2004.

1. NLS

NLS LawnSite Member

2. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

They are a national franchise. A growing one too. They operate in many states. I actually got a proposal from them in the mail for a quote on spraying my lawn. They sent this by looking up public records on the size of my lot, and sent it blind. The price was pretty high.
  3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

We have one in our area to. Seems like a fast growing company dont know much about their prices
  4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Just another huge telemarketing company like TG/CL...got a quote from them last year and had to laugh as the didn't figure in the other 3/4 of an acre I had out back. They wanted to fertilize my front wooded lot that I may only mow 3 times over the summer and never fertilize as I like the moss. It looks better au naturale. LOL
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

There are two I believe in the Cleveland area we see them everywhere we go the franchise sure seems to be growing.
  6. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

Know two people who own franchises. Very fast growing. They are focused on only fert/weeds, so they can do this. It is easier to grow fast this way vs. a total design build co., especially since all their systems are down pat. They seem to have a very positive image, as opposed to chemlawn.
  7. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

they are the largest fertilizing/weed control company in canada. now they are invading the US with franchises popping up every where. i spoke to somebody to possible getting a franchise, they said you need to spend about $40,000 to $50,000 in the first year to get started, most of it was for advertising/direct mail. I figured if i spent that much on my own company it would grow just as fast as theirs, and i would get all the money.
  8. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know what a Weed Man franchise cost? If I spend 40-50 grand on advertising I would except results!

9. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

We had one pop up here in Evansville last year, Weed man grows so fast becasue they target other Pest control operators and offer it to them for very minimal start up becasuse the already have solid customer base. Some of my customer asked me if i thought it was legit i ask them would you let me spray for termites? and then trust my work.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

they also take a % of the gross