1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by clipperslawnservice, Feb 27, 2009.

  1. clipperslawnservice

    clipperslawnservice LawnSite Member
    Posts: 160

    I have read on a couple of different threads that you need a lics. to
    apply weed-n-feed. is this true for all states? im in texas. any info.
    would be great. i just went full time this year and im trying to be legit!!:confused:
  2. Lawn-Guy

    Lawn-Guy LawnSite Member
    Posts: 65

    dont know about your state you should be able to call department of health or the local county control office/codes and compliance office and see what the requirments are .
  3. Grits

    Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida
    Posts: 2,994

    Yes, you have to be licensed. Contact your Dept of Ag.
  4. MileHigh

    MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,466

    You need a Pesticides Applicators License to apply anything with a HERBICIDE in it out here.

    You must pass an exam, pay an annual fee, and some other BS...

    Wish I had mine...It would be quite handy.

Share This Page