Weed Pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Loosestrife, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Loosestrife

Loosestrife LawnSite Member
    from PA

How does one go about pricing weed spraying in ornamental beds? We have several commercial properties that want this as a stand alone service, and I am a little unsire on pricing this service. We have always facotred in a number of sprays into our price on our full maintenance accounts, but the pricing should be different for properties that want this service, and this service alone. On our full service accounts, we are there every week, and can keep the weeds under control, but what about these stand alone accounts? Once a month? Weeds can sure get out of hand in that time?

I guess what I am asking is, how does one price a service that is varible?

2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

hey, not sure if this will work, but talk to these people and convice them to let you remulch the beds and put a weed protection paper down. that would be the only solution to handle their problem. if not i would personly put all the weeds, and put down preen, or tuflin or another herbicide, that will prevent weeds to minimal growth. good luck to you. ohh about pricing (almost forgot) go by you hourly rate plus cost of chemical, spray it every other 2 weeks, if they don't want you to remulch it.