WEED STOPPER II, application options?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by slicey, Jun 16, 2005.

1. slicey

slicey LawnSite Member

my home has 1/3 acre's worth of naturally present small granite stones with dirt about 1" below that.I just spent 4 days hoeing all the weeds. i bought the above mentioned chemical, made by Montereylawngarden and want to know if i can apply this using one of those "dial 'n' spray" hose-end sprayers. the weed killer's info only lists using a tank sprayer with 3oz in 1-2gals of water for every 1000sq ft, i think. so would a hose sprayer with the mix dial set to about 2 or 3ozs, sprayed onto the same area be a no no or not? it sure would make the application a lot easier. also, regardless of application method, would it help any to go back and just spray water from the garden hose onto the coverage area to better help the chemical get down into the soil a little further? thanks for any advice!

2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i'm not familiar with the product you ask about, however, you seem to have already answered your own question.

its all on the label.....anything else is a no no

3. slicey

slicey LawnSite Member

incorrect. the label makes no NO mention regarding the use of a hose sprayer but i want to, therefore, i'm asking if it's OK or NOT?

4. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

once again....you are answering your own question.
    the label is the law....we can not take anything away OR add anything.

so, if its not on the label....its a no no

simple