Weed Treatment For Residential Customers

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by inline lawn care, Aug 29, 2007.

1. inline lawn care

inline lawn care LawnSite Member

For Small Lawn Care Businesses, Do You Offer Weed Treatment To Residential Customers? What Brand Can I Purchase And Where? Thanks

2. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

In the State of Texas you have to be licensed to provide weed treatment and fertilizer. We currently do not have anyone that works for us, including myself, that has their license. However, we do offer it to our customers but outsource it to a licensed company. This company sends me an itemized invoice, once a month. I pay them and turn around and charge each one of my customers that they serviced.

3. JoeinJasper

JoeinJasper LawnSite Member

You need a license in Ga. also. Contact your county extension agent to get details on how to get legal. He can also make recommendations on what products to use. By the way, where in Ga. are located?
    Joe

4. inline lawn care

inline lawn care LawnSite Member

I'm In Snellville, Georgia.

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Not to far away over here in Winder, GA...actually my neighbor is from Snellville, and we designed a large subdivision near there as well...(Georgetown Commons).

6. Burkhart Lawn Care

Burkhart Lawn Care LawnSite Member

What about Tennessee?

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Trust LESCO -- they know what works.

8. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

9. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

It doesn't matter what state you are from, you have to be certified. It is a Federal Law, not a state law. The confusion comes from the fact that the federal govornment tasks the states with enforcing the law. Every State has to adhere to the Federal Law, but can tighten the restrictions if they choose to do so.

10. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member