Weed Trimmer storage question?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TWIGZ Lawn Care, Feb 20, 2012.

1. TWIGZ Lawn Care

TWIGZ Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Is it better to hang a weedeater by its engine or the trimmer head? We are moving things around in the shop today.

First time thread. Thanks for any info.

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

It real don't matter witch way you hang them
    To transport in trailer racks would be better.

3. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Either way works for me. I just make sure it isn't sitting on its side and flooding the carb. and air filter. Flat, or on the other side is fine...or hanging up and down.

4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

why is it better on a rack if it doesn't make a difference?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

As long as it doesnt have any fuel leaks, you can put them in any position you wish. All handheld equipment is designed for universal orientation.

6. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

My understanding of this is that if you store equipment on the floor of your truck bed or trailer, it can get grass and dirt in the engine area. Also, it's easier to trip over it.

7. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Oh I understand debris getting in the housings of the handhelds. I'll never put my backpack blower in the pile of chopped up leaves and drive again. He made the comment that it didn't matter but suggested them being on a rack better for them. The op is looking to clean up the garage and wants to hang the trimmers and such. I say hang them by the engine. That's what I do. There was a thread about where to get them. Walmart, Lowes, and HD sell them.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  8. TWIGZ Lawn Care

TWIGZ Lawn Care LawnSite Member

When I buy them they are hanging by the engine. I never knew if it was so you could see the engines better while shopping or if it actually helped components. I would perfer to hang them bye the head so the light end was up. Plus, I think it makes a natural hook shape that allows a safer hold.

Thanks again for the comments and opinions.

9. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, the hd in my area had them. didn't put them up yet, gotta clean the area where they are going but they look like they should work ok, (i just want to store them out of the way while they are not in use).

10. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member