1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weed Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Experturf, May 16, 2008.

1. Experturf

Experturf LawnSite Member

I'm looking to purchase a weed trimmer. I'm looking at a Husqvarna 323C. Seems like a good deal but I'm not sure how durable they are. Any suggestions?
  2. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Husqvarna 326Lx. It has done well. Pretty powerful too. I paid $300 plus tax for it, but that was a discount.
  3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are a commercial mower why are you asking about a curved shaft trimmer?

I have the 323L (straight shaft) and have owned it since last October, mowing aprox 70 lawns per week. One of the best weedeaters I've ever owned in 18+ years in the business.
  4. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Is the 323 using plastic lower half crankcase? If so, I prefer 326 which is all metal. But 326 is a little heavier though.
  5. 19-SAH-98

19-SAH-98 LawnSite Member

I have a Husq. and really have no problem with it. But have you looked at Shindaiwa? I don't think I'll ever buy another brand. The speed feed head is great....
  6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I think you can buy adaptor to put the speed feed head onto other trimmers. If looking at Shindaiwa, stay with 2 cycles only.

BTW anyone can tell me the noise level of 326 engine compare to Redmax Strato 23.6cc and Kawasaki 26.3cc engine. I need to get a short reach articulate hedge trimmer soon.
  7. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i like the shindi T230 light weight and for the heavier stuff i have a sthil