Weed Wacker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by F3Nelson, May 25, 2008.

1. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

A weed wacker is NOT a string trimmer............

Discuss

2. laxative

laxative LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Then what is a weed wacker? A masturbating pothead? A $99 weedeater?

3. greenscapestx

greenscapestx LawnSite Member

I think it's a regional thing. String trimmer is to weed wacker as coke is to pop.

4. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, weed wacker is more of a southern term. I know some people on here call it a weed whip or weedeater.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

That seems to be a Michigan thing, dunno why but, I've seen guys from Michigan say weed whip. Me personally it's a trimmer, plain and simple trimmer.

7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Most guys in the biz around here call it a trimmer....most people not in the biz call it a weedeater.....and we drink pop, not sodas....and we're "fixin' to" whenever we are about to do something.

8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I had a customer once write to me asking to explain what a "string trimmer" was.

Told them its the same as a "Weed Wacker". But Weed Wacker is a brand name and most professionals call them string trimmers or line trimmers.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Normally hear the term weed wacker or string trimmer. Don't here weed whip much around here...

10. laxative

laxative LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Occasional employee of mine originally from Florida says "weed whip." Problem with "trimmer" is that's the hedge trimmer too.

He also once rigged my trimmer to use pretty heavy gauge metal wire instead of plastic line, which was crazy.