weed wacker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zimm4, Oct 21, 2000.

1. zimm4

zimm4 LawnSite Member

What is the best weed wacker in your opinion?

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Do a search on weadeaters, trimmers. Volumes of info on this subject

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Here is a bunch of opinions on string trimmers. I think that is what you meant by weed wackers. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=1008

All of the new ones can add their opinion, but that thread had 33 replies, I think. I found 92 threads with TRIMMER in the heading of the thread. I hope this helps.
    BTW We use Shindaiwa's

4. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

in my eyes it would be stihl-but i am going to try a red max next time-there is a red max that has the same engine as the fs83-but the shaft looks a little longer though-i need to measure them-thats the one i am interested in because i am kinda tall and have to bend over with the stihl alot.

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Around houses i one hand a little featherlite
    Its just faster for me. For heavy cutting
    or a lot of trimming i have had good results
    with stihl ,echo,or ryobi commercial units
    with brush cutter.Ive heard others speak
    highly of other makes.Irecommend high
    octane and correct mix for longer life

6. Lawn Cruiser

Lawn Cruiser LawnSite Member

I use the smallest straight shaft that Toro make's has plenty of power for basic trimming and is light weight. I have been using it for two years now and have had no trouble with it. I do have a larger Toro trimmer for heavy cutting when needed. We also use a Red Max recipricator neat trimmer but kinda slow works great as an edger.

7. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

T270!!!! Not too heavy and power to burn. Tried the T350, too heavy. I have 6 270's, they are awesome.

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Shindaiwa T-270's

9. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

depends if you are using it heavy duty or just trimming around trees. I have been happy with stihl.

10. JTRIMCO

JTRIMCO LawnSite Member

SHINDAWA ALL THE WAY... By far the T-270's. I use 4 T-270's, and 4 T-230's. The 230's are priced reasonable. But if you use alot of hispanic help and have a large company, You don't need to spend $400 on a trimmer, not when your buying 10 every two years,