1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"Weed Wedging" advice needed...he he he...!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnguyland, Mar 9, 2007.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure you've read the post from the genius in Baton Rouge about starting a business in his HOA and not wanting to weed wedge.

Please, someone draw us a picture of weed wedging! Use your imagination.

Is it a high school prank in a locker room? Do you jam a bunch of dandelions and clover down a freshmans jock and yank? Is that it? I'd like a picture.

Do you use a wedge and pry weeds out of cracks, butt or otherwise?

I'm all for regional differences in jargon and nomenclature, but I've never heard of "weed wedging". Is it a southern thing or a moron thing? Enlighten please! He he heeee
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've never heard of it. But I DO have a suggestion,...Before we start calling names and sarcastically insulting people, how about if we if we find out what it REALLY is,..perhaps on the thread it was written? Where is the thread?

3. Reading your post, you sure not making yourself look too smart.
  4. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

there is no such thing as weed wedging, and I think your post was very funny. so come on all you artist be creative and post some pics. why does everyone have to be so serious on here. have some fun with this. at this point there's no way to insult this guy anymore.
  5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I just keep picturing a big cheese wedge with weeds growing out of it! haha
  6. lawnguyland

I thought it was funny, maybe a bit harsh on the moron part, I agree with that.
    Reading your post- maybe if you said "you sure ARE not making yourself look too smart" you could be taken seriously.
  7. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree a real waste of time and thread space.....not that funny.
  8. lawnguyland

Alright,alright, I won't cry foul and won't object to this thread being yanked. Sorry to ruffle all your feathers. I must be bored from the winter-:hammerhead: See ya
  9. lawnguyland

At least someone thought it was funny---big cheese wedge, that's what I was hoping for, good one!
  10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

i guess no one has a sense of humor on here anymore...and yes chesse wedge is genius!