1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

weed whip

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brinlee lawn, Apr 7, 2005.

1. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

:) Well I added another weed whip today. Stihl fs 85 I have not ever bought any stihl products before so I hope it works out. My helper seemed to like it he said it is lighter and felt to be better balanced than my shindys. I dont know it will be hard to beat the shindys in my opinion, but I will give it a fair shake. :cool2:
  2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Do they call it a "weed whip" in Ok? We call it a string trimmer here. Just kiddin, had to give u a hard time with that one.
    Thats a 2 stroke isnt it or is it 4. I am still using Shins, but I have a Honda 4 stroke that Im getting attached to.
  3. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah weed whip around here. Yes it is a two stroke, it is not the new 4 mix trimmer. Guess you like the 4 stroke, looked at a honda 4 stroke but it just seemed to heavy. :waving:
  4. Lawn Masters LC

Lawn Masters LC LawnSite Member

FS 85's and 85R's is all we use. Have 8 of them and wouldn't trade them for the world. I think Shin may have just lost a customer. Good luck

Lawn Masters Lawncare, Inc.
    500k biz and growing