weed whipping tip thread

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by redmax fan, May 9, 2008.

1. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

- i carry the simple / basic style wire strippers in my back pocket in a cheap vinyl glasses pouch (use pouch so strippers dont turn sideways in back pocket) so i can adjust the string length quickly when changing string (i carry an extra length of string in back pocket when i know im running low) or have to cut it real short for detail trimming like of small round patio blocks . reason for this method is the wire strippers in back pocket travel easy and arent in the way like something you wear on your belt . and you can use them for pruning things like overhanging rose bush branches . * wire strippers pictured below .

- i also drop the spool of string down over the truck antena using the antena as an axle for the spool to spin on when im removing string from spool , makes for quick / efficient string removal .

- its always my philosophy that ide rather leave a few straggly strands of grass that dont look so neat / perfect than whipping down too low to get every strand and in the process burning the grass , ecspecially around trees where the grass tends to be sparse in the first place .

Attached Files: