Weedeater Blues

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Chris Melan, May 6, 2008.

1. Chris Melan

Chris Melan LawnSite Member

I have a weedeater LT7000 that dosn't want too run.it ran last summer no problems . now it starts on choke than move to full open it stalls
    I checked the fuel lines they needed replacing so I replaced all of them
    still the same thing I been on the web and serched for any Service manuals
    no luck for me I just dont have the funds right now to replace it with a new unit. Does Anybody Know what could be wrong before i kick it too the curb

:confused:

2. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

How old is the machine? Did you use any fuel stabalizer before storing it for the winter? The problem is probably in the carb. The gas that is used these days is really crap and will clog a carb in no time. This is the culprit more times then not. If you have the knowledge you may be able to fix it by taking apart the carb and cleaning it.

Also, the lower end gas trimmers are really only good for a couple years. You can buy one and plan on replacing it every other year or so, or you can buy a nice, commercial grade unit and plan to keep it forever. I fooled around with a Craftsman unit for several years before I finally broke down and got a Stihl. The Stihl costs three times as much but I haven't had a problem since.

3. Chris Melan

When I stored it for the season I drained it of gas and ran it out of gas also
    than this year I put in freash mix of fuel. I also took apart the carb. and soaked it blew out w/air took out the filter screen blew that out too put that back in. I guess u r rite I'll have to invest in a better model i was just trying to save some $$$$$$$$$$

Thanks for the info

4. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Just run it on choke until it kraps out. You don't want to expend too much time trying to repair a Poulon product.

5. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

Use some carb cleaner rather then just air to clean it out. Air won't do much for the gummy substances that build up in there.

Like the previous poster stated, don't waste to much time on this machine. Lots of the internal pieces are typically made of plastic and not meant to last.

6. Chris Melan

Thanks David . R I'LL Try that My last try on this monster before it gets cut up into a PILE of that Don't evan look like A weedeater ! I mean a Line trimmer
    thanks again you have a great Day :)

7. Chris Melan

Thanks Jay Ray I think or I know Its going to the BONE YARD !! I been pushed to the edge
    the Friendship is over its time for it to meet its new friend the BIG Ugly CHOP SAW
    Thanks for your advice Have a Great Day!! :)
    This time will be well spent chop chop!

8. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

If you replace it, get the Echo SRM-210. The thing I like about it is that is very light yet has alot of power and is affordable, I think it is around the $200 dollar mark. I could not belive the difference from my old Craftsman trimmer..

9. Chris Melan

THANKS That Weedeater bit the dust yesterday