Weedeater rates

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by chestateeridge, Jun 6, 2008.

1. chestateeridge

chestateeridge LawnSite Member

1)Hourly rates for weedeating.
    2)Estimating weedeating jobs.

Thanks

Stihl 110

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

only you can answer that Q......

3. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, find out what you want to make per hour, factor in gas and oil expenses. . . and there you have it.

4. chestateeridge

chestateeridge LawnSite Member

Thanks for the astout insight. Its fairly predictable with a quote like you have posted.

5. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Come on now, sarcasm isn't gonna help anything.

How about if I told you I try to make anywhere from $50 to $75/hour and up? I've never bid a weedeating-only job, so I wouldn't know re: that specifically.

Oh, and I give free estimates. I think most lco's do. Was that what you were asking?

6. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

This is just a thought. In your head, price the whole job...mow, trim, edge, blow, etc. Then, how much would you charge to mow only. Subtract and whatever is left is a reasonable fee for your time trimming (and only trimming)the property.

7. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a few customers that want weedeating and edging only for 1/4 acre lots and I charge them $20....it takes me about 15 min.

8. railman

railman LawnSite Member

the question is how long is it going take? I know it's not the same but I had a next door neighbor ask me to take care of her overgrown edges. took me 10 mins and I charged her 20.

9. vanderbilt

vanderbilt LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

I come from a area not too far from you and I get 70 per hour. Sometimes more because of all the steep banks here. I run a stihl 110 but like something lighter on slopes. Some of my jobs are all trimming and I need to get paid for that. Can make easier money mowing so charge more!:)

10. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

for us here i charge $125.00 per man hour for " Weedeating "