1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weedeater types??

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by BotetourtBoy3, Apr 19, 2007.

1. nate22

nate22 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

straight shaft
  2. nate22

nate22 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

straight shaft
  3. nate22

nate22 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Stihl straight shaft
  4. nate22

nate22 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

stihl straight shaft
  5. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

Do they even make a commercial curved shaft trimmer. I think you are right on this one.
  6. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I don't think Echo or Stihl make commercial curved trimmers except for on the attachment or kombi models.
  7. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the edgit attachment. It works great. Not only can you edge with the same tool as you trim with, but it actually trims better with the disk. The string creates a suction which helps out a lot in terms of overall cut. The disk also provides more protection than the OEM guard.
  8. MJStrain

MJStrain LawnSite Member

I bought one curved shaft and will never buy another. Too much bending over to trim along sidewalks. Kills my back.
  9. inHaliburton

inHaliburton LawnSite Member

Stihl FS-250 straight shaft with the harness and handle bars, safety guard removed. I trim as fast as I can walk whether doing flower beds, around trees, or "sweeping" back and forth as on steep slopes or ditches. I'm currently using a new Stihl head that you put stick the ends of the string into and "crank" to fill up the spool. Don't have to take it apart to load string. Not sure I like this better, as it requires a lot of force to "crank." Plus, it's $10.00 more that usual configurtion.

Regards, Paul.

10. WoodChucker

WoodChucker LawnSite Member

Really impressed with mine.
    Incredible balance and handling; very light.
    Trigger is very natural.
    Bump feed really works.
    Overall good design and layout.
    Very ergonomic.

Echos eat my armpit or elbo.
    Shindaiwas cost a fortune and don't handle as well for me.
    For $269 @ Lowes, I'm a happy camper.
    While there, get a window unit air conditioner foam filter and you can cut out a lifetime supply of air filters for another $2.