Weedeater types??

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by BotetourtBoy3, Apr 19, 2007.

1. 4b landscape

4b landscape LawnSite Member

the only curved shaft we use if the shindaiwa f 230!! its commercial not homeowner...in other words it has a long shaft(bout as long as a str shaft)!! ive got 3 guys that will only use the f230 and i trust them to trim my beard with it!! that is /was the only long shaft commercial curved shaft available!! not no more

2. GardnerLawn

GardnerLawn LawnSite Member

how long of a shaft would you recommend? how far should you be able to reach?

3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I couldn't agree more lol

4. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

The term still gets me Weedeater. Please call it a trimmer before I have a coronary LOL:laugh:

Brad

5. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to run a toro pro then echo and then it was like nobody could touch stihl. Then i got a kaw. and now ill never look back. lighter better tone and it will cut down anything in a blink of an eye. It will also sit on the bed rail of my pick up running. and not fall off. I would tell anybody to buy a kaw, I believe that they are the best.

6. bluridge

bluridge LawnSite Member

how much you guys paying for a kawasaki trimmer? My Stihl has of course has the stihl trimmer but they also have one honda trimmer. not sure if there are any kawasaki trimmers around me but would have to check. what are you paying for the commercial version kawasaki?

7. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

I think right about 250 or so id have to call my dealer forsure so dont quote me on that

8. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Personally, there's little use for a curved shaft.

I still keep one because it's super narrow and short. Allows me to trim in very tight spaces like between fencing and hedge rows to remove all the crap that grows over time. It's also way underpowered, useful when trimming around newly planted dwarf junipers. I straightened the shaft a bit so it fits tall operators better.

That's it. For anything else straight shaft is king.

9. dlaros

dlaros LawnSite Member

I was a Stihl fan, then I used a Tanka an thats all she wrote. I will never buy a different company again.

10. ChunkyBeaver

ChunkyBeaver LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Stihl FS 90