Weedeater?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jayrodd, Dec 22, 2002.

1. jayrodd

jayrodd LawnSite Member
    from tn

I am in the market for a new weedeater. Should I buy an Echo or a Shindaiwa? Email me at jayrood1976@aol.com.:)

2. yourlawnguy

yourlawnguy LawnSite Member

Never used shindaiwa. I've always had Echo trimmers and have had no reason to try anything else. They're lightwieght and reliable also very comfortable to use.

3. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

Try a search of the site, its amazing the info you will find. With Regards... devildog

4. Buy STHIL u will not be dissapointed I finally bought one after blowing up 2 lesser trimmers. It will pay for itself in a few weeks.

5. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

of the two listed i prefer the shindaiwa.

6. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

We use both Echo and Stihl. I'd recommend either.

7. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

Kawasaki 26 is the strongest lightest on the market!!

8. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

CaptDevos right!!the stihl boys faces were longer than a hogs on slaughter day when they did the little power test at the expo.but the blower power test was even better-winner of that redmax 7000 and it was echo's test!:eek:

9. TaylorLawn

TaylorLawn LawnSite Member

I have to agree that Echo and Stihl are both great for commercial use, I have used both but prefer Echo...but I do not really have any complaints about the Stihl product, there just seem to be more Echo dealers where I am.....Eric

10. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, I have a stihl br 420c magnum and i have no problems with it and it's the best profit maker i've ever had!