1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Weedeaters- Sthil: Echo: or Shindawa

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kmeforou, Mar 24, 2004.

1. kmeforou

kmeforou LawnSite Member

Who makes the best and most dependable for the money. I do know the Shindawa is about 30.00 more than the Echo at our local dealer. I have always used Redmax, but all the dealers in this area are dropping this line because of distribution problems. I am tired of trying to find parts. I had a mechanic tell me the new Echos are as good as Shindawa. I would like to hear what you all have to say. Thank you.

2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

When i was at the echo dealer last week hs was telling me that the echo engines are rated for 300 hrs by the epa while most are 100-150. I have never herd this but from the prices and because I liked him i will be buying a echo 260 power source and pb460 blower in the next month or so. I feel that this is the best bang for the buck. Good luck.

3. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

You'll probably find a bigger response for shindaiwa. It's all we run and we really like them

Todd

4. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

SHINDIAWA..............................................................................................................................................................................................

5. GCMow

GCMow LawnSite Member

we have 12 Echo and thay all run great.

6. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

PROCUTSLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Echo 2601 trimmer or it might be renamed to a 261, still the best out on the market!!!!! 300 bucks I think too?

7. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Shindaiwa, nothing but.

8. josh84

josh84 LawnSite Member

I use echo for my blowers and edgers, but i do have one shindaiwa string trimmer. both have worked great for me, I think they are both great products, but i have to admit i am a little more fond to my shindaiwa

josh

9. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, Yes, Yes, I Run Shindaiwa very happy to the point that I will not even look at another brand, you need it, it runs an runs great

10. johnbast3

johnbast3 LawnSite Member

Take a look at the Kawasakis,light and powerful..Jb