weedeaters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mlyons1, May 18, 2008.

1. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

hey guys i am in the market to buy a new weedeater i have been looking at the husky weedeaters just wondering how they hold up the i have been looking at don"t know the model number but it sells for 199.00 at tsc and weighs only 10.2lbs thanks in advance.

2. Arkansaslawn

Arkansaslawn LawnSite Member

whats your budget?

3. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

good question would like to stay around 250 to 275 but i want something that is light my wife sometimes helps me and she is scared to ride my ztr.

4. Arkansaslawn

for the money and ease for your wife id go with the shindaiwa 22t i think it has been renamed but ask the dealer and he/she will know what your talking about

last time i saw one they were about 200 bucks and more than enough power for residential work...

jmo

5. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Ever consider the Redmax tr2301s....it weighs only 9.5 lbs and you can get it for $260...and it is commercial grade on top of that!!....good luck

6. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

KAW KTR27a no anti vibe but hey run real smooth and 249.99 and its got lots of power vroom vroom.

7. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa T222 is what the above poster referred to (the older model was 22T), for around $215 you get lots of pro features, like solid steel mainshaft, full antivibe, 1.1hp and only 9.9 lbs.

8. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

9. Arkansaslawn

thanks for the correction K/B i coudnt remeber the new model number

10. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I think you are talking about 125. That is the low end model with single ring piston. I heard good things about it. For your budge, why not look for Husky 326L, the cheapest 326. If you catch it on sale, it goes for $269, 10.2lb. true commercial. This is Husky bread and butter trimmer. Husky is popular in my area as well as Shindaiwa T261 and T272 which is beyond your budge. If you really don't need anything big, Echo SRM210 for $219 in HD and OSH. And if this is mainly for your wife, GT200 curve shaft for $169!!!!! .....I know, people laugh at curve shaft!!!!....$169!!!:waving: