weeding beds

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by A+ Lawncare, Apr 26, 2005.

1. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

does any1 do weeding beds? if so how do you go about doing this, pricing? :blob3:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i charge for weeding beds by $7 for a yrd (weeds only, thats if i'm already there on the jobsite, basically the minium) if not on the jobsite i charge $12 a yard to weed.... sorta like a dropgate, covers my arse on gas, ect... for each additional bed of weeding i charge $2 up to 10beds then i drop the rate to $1 a yrd after the 10th yrd... example: 50yrd (on jobsite already, weekly basis) of weeding= $7 (base rate)+$18 (1st 9yrds)+$40 (last 40yrds)= $65 total.... for every 5yrds i charge a $1 extra (to cover bag, but i use free grocery bag, so the $1 is put into my pocket), example for 50yrds i charge $5 for 5bags.... so $65+$5= $70 for 50yrds of bed weeding....

example: 5yrds of mulch if already on the jobsite= $7+$8+$1=$16.... this rate is only for every week weeding... my rate goes up a $1 on each yrd per week.... if this was a 3week basis then that 5yrds of bed weeding would be 4yrds X $3= $12+$8+$10= $30.... i then charge $3 extra (for bags) so thats $33 for 5yrds of weeding.....

if the job is done on a weekly basis a yrd of weeding should only take 3mins (average)..... 3mins X 5yrds= 15mins total... but if its on a 3week basis it'll take up to 8mins a yrd.....

2. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

A+........I think my head is spinning. I can hardly read the keyboard. Your pricing schedule is exactly why I subscribe to the KISS method.

3. A+ Lawncare

whats the kiss method?

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Your 16 years old is showing through again.....I know, I know you'll be 17 though in 2 weeks! :laugh:

Keep It Simple Stupid-KISS

5. mikeyshane331

mikeyshane331 LawnSite Member

Keep It Simple Stupid is what i believe he is reffering to.

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

For my full maint. accounts we have whats called a "bed weed control service". 12 times a year (mostly during the summer) we spray or pull the weeds in their natural areas. Typically this service only costs my customers on average $15 per time. Keep in mind we are already there each week mowing and usually the bed weed control only takes us an additional 5 minutes. The key is KEEPING up with the weeds and not ever let them get out of hand. One time weed jobs we charge $55/man hour to pull or spray. Sometimes on a full maintenance account we have an "initial weed charge" that may apply the first time to get the property up to our standards.

7. A+ Lawncare

I turned 17 yesterday.... :bday:

it was just an idea, and maybe i'm young but i try.... thats better than doing nothing at all :blush:

8. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

How many here actually pull weeds and how many just knock 'em out with glyphosate?

9. thill

thill LawnSite Member

Glyphosate (Honcho Plus) 75% and manual pulling the other 25%
    Tom

10. 021462

021462 LawnSite Member

Pulling weeds, $25.00 per hour per man is my charge. Any labor I do outside of mowing is based on that same rate no matter what it is.