1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weeding question?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clncut, Nov 28, 2007.

1. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

I have this HOA I mow and I was approached the other day on weeding all of the beds surrounding the many trees located within the subdivison. I do not have an applicators license so all of the weeding will be done with blood sweat and tears!

My question is, how often do you weed these beds. Once a week, biweekly, once a month. I have to give a bid by next week and she wants all services broken down.

I was thinking 30.00 per man hour also for weeding. Is this average?

Thanks in advance.

2. DaveinSWFL

DaveinSWFL LawnSite Member

That is what I charge, $30 per man hour for non contract customers. The customers that are on a yearly contract ($100-$125 monthly) we hand weed on the week that we dont cut. I feel the customer wants to see you on the property each week even if you are not mowing. Hand weeding is included in the yearly price.
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

$30 per hour for HAND weeding.....screw that! I charge at least $60. Hand weeding sucks, nobody wants to do it, but sometimes it is the proper way to do get rid of weeds. Charge accordingly, or you will be hating it the entire time.
  4. adrianrog

adrianrog LawnSite Member

What's it take to get an applicators license?
  5. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

It varies by state, but it is usually just a test you need to pas and a fee to pay. Once you get your license you need to periodically go to classes and get a certain number of credits to renew it. You might not be able to get a full liscence right away, here in New York you have to have your technician license for 2 years before becoming fully certified.