1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weeding, Trees etc

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dakota2000, Jun 19, 2007.

1. dakota2000

dakota2000 LawnSite Member
    from Ottawa

I had a lady from a business call me and she is looking for a small contractor such as myself for a yearly contract to take care of some trees, flower beds, fertilizing the trees? Someone else already takes care of the grass cutting.
    I have no idea what to charge for this? Should it be an hourly rate or fixed rate? I know I am only expected to show up either once every two weeks or once a month to weed and trim trees clean up etc. I'm going to look at the job friday but just wanted to have some ideas in mind and what to ask and look for. Any advice would be great!

2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Hourly rate will be better in the long run; you could also charge by the job? How many hours will you be working every time you come?
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

They are probably just getting prices to see if their lawn guys is too high on his price to maintain them.