weedman fertilizer program

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by rustybullets, Jul 4, 2007.

1. rustybullets

rustybullets LawnSite Member

Does anyone know the details of the Weedman Fertilizer program in the Missouri/Kansas areas. What fertilizer analysis do they use for each of their apps? Just curious - their lawns look very nice in my area.

Bullets

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

What area are you in? A good chunk of them I see are less than favorable.

3. rustybullets

I am in Kansas City, MO.

4. carcrz

I know that. I was curious what area? I guess the more I got to thinking about it, the high-end areas look pretty good but it's the others that just look average or a little less than. Nothing special about them. Know what I mean?

5. carcrz

I think I used to see them when I was @ US Turf, but since they closed I think they have switched to Helena. I myself use Lesco because of the convenience. I used Helena for a couple years & got tired of driving 20 miles to get product.

6. rustybullets

I am north of the river in platte county. Thanks for the info on weedman. I have noticed that the several lawns in my area that they treat look nice - deep green, very few weeds that I can see and no disease. Unfortunately for me, my lawns are getting hit with brown patch badly - ugh. Do you have any experience dealing with this disease?

7. carcrz

You can treat it, but most will recommend to just let it work its way out. I myself let it work its course unless it is unbearable. As far as the deep green, I've noticed that the thicker the lawn the greener it appears to be. This last application should have more iron in it to help green everything up more. On some lawns that irrigate, I have overseeded w/ some bluegrass that gave it some darker color. The only downside to that is it is not as heat tolerant. Overtime is a quality seed that I have had liked so far.