Weeds from hell

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rossislawn, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Rossislawn

Rossislawn LawnSite Member
    from 22180

I have this one lawn and man let me tell you.The weeds have gone mad.This has got to be the worst lawn I have ever seen.What does everyone think about me putting down dimensoin again.Yes, I mean a another app of the stuff.

2. Rossislawn

Rossislawn LawnSite Member
    from 22180

By the way all I do is granular and spot spraying. I am using 3way

3. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

what does the dimension label have to say about it??

4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Ronstar, Pendulim, Gallery .
    Use them all .
    Using one helps , but more works better .
    Done it .

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Granular is great for fertilizing, I haven't used dimension but I was under the assumption that it is a pre emergent. Read the label.
    I would say that now you have to spray a post emergent and my flavor of choice is Speedzone. You will be impressed. It costs more but it does everything it says.

6. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Rossislawn,
    Deminsion is a pre-emergent for anual grassy weeds such as crabgrass. It does have some post emergent attributes for crabgrass in its early stages and some pre-emergent effects on some broadleaf weeds (oxalis and spurge for example) but its primary function is to prevent anual grasses. You need to apply a post-emegent for broadleaf weeds AFTER YOU GET YOUR APPLICATORS LICENSE (if necessary in your state, by the way)
    David

7. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Dang, I miss spelled Dimension

8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets go back a bit, What types of weeds are you having problems with? Three- way is a great product but not the best. Three-way has trouble with certain weeds.

More info please.

9. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: rossi, try a sprayed app of momentum, with gallery mixed into it, the momentum will kill whats up and the gallery will prevent new weeds from coming up, it may be pricy but way effective. tony

10. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Hey general what would you do if lawnsite ever got rid of :blob3:

would you go red:blob4: