1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weeds in Centipede

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by clallen03, Mar 30, 2010.

1. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Im having some issues with weeds in a centipede lawn. I normally use Lesco Eliminate-D on my centipede lawns. Just want to be sure this will not have a negative effect the lawns right now. Im spot spraying at about 1 oz to the gallon. What are you'll thoughts?

2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

I once killed off a ditchline spraying when centipede was dormant with Image. Helped out the county. Wait till full greenup. Centipede will not tolerate anything with 2-4D. What weeds are you targeting? If there're left over winter weeds; simazine would work now. Centipede is so sensitive. Check out some of these: Image, Dismiss, Basagran, Vantage (Sethoxydim) Metsulfuron, Certainty, and the new kid Celsius. Some folks claim that Speedzone Southern is OK because of the very low Dicambia ratio, but I've never needed that much. Maybe some other guys have some imput.
  3. Aaronnc

Aaronnc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7B

4. grassrat

grassrat LawnSite Member

Aaron great find from ncsu /coop ext. use that site alot !
  5. Aaronnc

Aaronnc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7B

Thanks Grassrat! I love their site too and use it on a weekly basis. Thought I'd pass it on. Here east of Raleigh, 95% of lawns are Centipede or St. Aug, so we try to know all we can about it.
  6. grassrat

grassrat LawnSite Member

I cover from hilsborough to goldsboro to fayetteville so we have a variety of grasses to manage from clay to sand!
    Posted via Mobile Device