Weeds in gravel drive

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DanielC, Apr 14, 2010.

1. DanielC

DanielC LawnSite Member

I'm just wondering the best herbicide for mixed weeds in a gravel drive/parking lot.Is it common to reapply every 3 weeks.I have tried Round up,Killsall,2-4d .Hoping this year to cut down spraying a little.thks.I know you guys have alot of wisdom on this topic.

2. SeedPro

SeedPro LawnSite Bronze Member

If you cant kill the grass and weeds with that mix and keep them down there's something wrong.

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Daniel,

What kinds of weeds are grieving you?

4. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

My chore as a child in the '50s was to hand pick weeds in our gravel driveway. It taught me a lot about the importance of a doing a job well so it didn't have to be repeated as often. That's my wisdom for the day. :waving:

5. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

What you mentioned are contact herbicides, so if it is not green its not going to kill it. You will have to put down a good pre-m barrier to keep the seeds from germinating are you will be spraying every few weeks.

6. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

7. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Truthfully, His mixture is selective and non selective chemicals that have no soil residual activity at all. 2-4D by itself isn't soil residual it is contact only. Killzall isn't soil active either---all it is-is roundup!!

Look into Valent's products called broadstar, surestar,

8. firedude26

firedude26 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mich

use sahara with your round up or killzall , that will do it.

9. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Pour gasoline and burn it.

:D:D:D:D

10. DanielC

DanielC LawnSite Member

Thks guys,good wisdom except maybe the gas.I'll get into the pre-m and try some Sahara.My lots are all next to fields that are nothin but weeds and windy.