Weeds in Juniper

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by guntruck, Jun 9, 2001.

1. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know of anything to spray n junipers to kill the grass and weeds that wont hurt the juniper? I have acustomer that wants the hill hit with a trimmer because there is sooooo much grass growing through the juniper (blue rug). If there is something to spray he will do so and we wont have to trim. My lesco dealer said at one time he thought there was a product called imagine or something for that but wasnt sure any suggestions?
  2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Look into Ornamec. Only works on grassy weeds though, not broadleafs.
  3. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Or, IMAGE?

I used IMAGE last year to spot spray nutgrass infested junipers.
    The juniper was unscathed. Problem was, so was the nutgrass!
    I had to do the trimmer thing!

This year I have oversprayed the same junipers with MANAGE.
    Great results.

Good Luck
  4. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, my fault it is image lol!!!!! Sorry i didnt remember what it was but i was close. Thank You
  5. greens1

greens1 LawnSite Senior Member

Fusilade II will take care of the grasses and can be applied over the top.

Jim L
  6. OldDawg

OldDawg LawnSite Member

For large weeds in hedges and shrubs try "wicking" with Round Up. Rubber gloves with a cloth glove over one of them. Dip a finger or two into slightly dilute Round Up and rub the leaves. Two weeks later you can prune or trim them out.
  7. crs

crs LawnSite Member

I have not had to use it for a while, and come to think of it the product may not be available any more but if you can find POAST(sp?) pronounced "post" it will kill grasses but is safe to use over most ornamentals.:pumpkin: