Weeds in parking lots

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Whites Lawn Care, May 24, 2008.

1. Whites Lawn Care

Whites Lawn Care LawnSite Member

What is the best way to get rid of wweeds in parking lots. I have a commercial property the has weeds growwing in between the curbs and the asphalt and some in the cracks of the asphalt. What is the best thing i can do to get rid of these and rid myself of this problem. We have used roundup and of course as soon as some die new ones are popping up. Just looking for suggestons.

Thanks in advance,:hammerhead:

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

round up is what I was going to suggest, thats about all I know for a situation like that. I use it for the same purpose.

3. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

More Roundup:dancing:

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Round up is what i use

5. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

NuFarm sells a product called ProDeuce it is Glyphosate and Prodiamine in one mix so it does the pre and post emergent work at one time.

I think you can get it in 2.5 gal jugs or in 1/2 gal bottles.

Once I have my Limited license I will be using the stuff alot! It is $64 a 1/2 gallon @ Lesco and I am waiting for ProSource One to give me a price as well.

6. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

A soil sterilent such as Vegemec(from Gordons) keeps curblines and sidewalk cracks weed free for 6-9 months, it also kills existing weeds although we mix it with roundup for a quicker kill. The cheapest product of its kind and the best. 1/5 the price of Sahara(lesco)

7. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

TRIOX vegitation killer It will kill it for a year.

8. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

just burn 'em.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't the new Homedepot roundup advertise that kils and keeps them away for a year? Guess it has pre-m in it now.

10. Michdeere

Michdeere LawnSite Member

Pramitol....