1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Weeds in rocks

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Leading Edge Decatur, Apr 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Leading Edge Decatur

Leading Edge Decatur LawnSite Member

What should I use to kill and prevent new growth of weeds and oak sprouts in the rocks under a large oak tree? I am in Central Illinois for you mobile users.

2. MarkSupply

MarkSupply LawnSite Member

Look up Produce Herbicide, don't hit any exposed tree roots if there are any and you may have to wet down the rocks a couple of days after spraying to get some of the yellow residue off the rocks. Good Luck

3. Leading Edge Decatur

Leading Edge Decatur LawnSite Member

I haven't been able to find a vendor for Pro Duece. I found the MSDS. Is there anything more common and available?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. MarkSupply

MarkSupply LawnSite Member

If you want the good stuff look up Helena Chemical they are all around the midwest or google Produce Herbicide Amazon or ebay's got it. If you want some watered down stuff go to a big box store and buy Round Up Extended control Concentrate, so you can mix it yourself a little stronger doesn't hurt either