weeds weeds and more weeds!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by georgialawn88, Jul 10, 2013.

1. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am a fairly new applicator so go easy on me please. I had a few yards last year. Not many. I have 80 this year. I picked them up from feb-now. The ones I picked up in February look just ok. def have some weeds but not too bad. The ones I picked up late march until now look like someone planted crab and goose grass. I understand these people missed pre but these yards were completely clean 3 weeks ago when I rode by these yards now its bad bad!. Is this normal for yards that have been started late? Also have had a banner amount of rain fall, im sure it helps nothing. Any advice and experience with this is appreciated. The only thing I don't get is why the yards 2 weeks ago were clean and now they look bad. :dizzy: thanks guys

2. Yatt

Yatt LawnSite Member

The weed seed was always there, it just hadn't germinated and shown itself yet.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Summer annuals and crabgrass. They arise when the soil temperature reaches high levels. You won't see them when its cool in spring. Killed by frost--but for you--that is probably months away.

I hate spurge the most.

4. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

You think all the torental rains we have had may be the cause? I think so. We have had 8" of rain in the last 5 days.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea wes its been bad. Im hoping it doesnt get worse but may be a rough august.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Got that right. I got my pre timings perfect this year, but in the last few weeks with the tons of rain, I'm getting a lot of break through, mostly dog fennel in yards that I've been treating for years that haven't had much weed pressure in the past few years.