Weedwacked Hand!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, Jul 20, 2003.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

I was cutting a small commercial property that my grandfather owns, and was trimming some high weeds, and got a weed tangled at the end of my trimmer, and tried to get it off, by untwisting it, and didn't turn the trimmer off:dizzy: , and I weedwacked my habd, damn that hurt:angry: :blob2: :cry:

2. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

A few year back i was cutting head high grass, briars, weeds from around a dozer i bought to get the undercarriage for mine. After i while the head got tangled with tall grass, for about the 100th time. Didnt cut it off just dropped engine to ground and grabed the end of timmer. felt something hit my chest and face? Sunddely blood started dripping on arms and i couldnt se good? i rushed to my truck nose was split several times, chest and shirt was slashed very badly. finally got bleeding stopped, went to look at trimmer. there was a peace of electric fence wire wound around the trimmer head!

no gloves, no safety glasses, no hearing protectio, not following directions. I still dont know why it didnt get my eye but I do wear safty gear now, and am alot more careful