weedwacker...dies out

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by blueturtle241, Apr 1, 2007.

1. blueturtle241

blueturtle241 LawnSite Member

after i warm up the weedwacker, it will idle, but if i try to give it full throttle, it just bogs and shuts off...also last season i noticed that if i hold the weedwacker level it will run fine, but if i tilt the head down it stalls out. i have cleaned the carb out, checked the lines but cant figure it out....any suggestions welcome....thanks

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

What is a WeedWacker???

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I have learned most of them can act right stupid the first few minutes, I usually stand by for a couple while it warms up, then once I get it going it's not that much more a hassle, most of the time.

Both my echo srm-260s and my stihl fs-110rx do that kind of crap, used to drive me nuts but I think it's one of those things teaches us patience, idk...

4. blueturtle241

blueturtle241 LawnSite Member

it runs fine cold, the problem occurs when its all warmed up

5. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

What brand and what fuel mix?

6. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

I had this issue with a blower of mine, it would run fine at idle but the minute you gave it gas it would slow up and die, turns out that the gas line in the tank had developed a hairline crack that you could only find under close inspection, changed the line and filter and has been fine since.

7. SouthernGrace

SouthernGrace LawnSite Member

I have a Echo SRM-261T that does the same thing...after reading everything said I think I have a carb issue? Pleas let me know what fixes your issue when you get it fixed.

8. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

First thing I always check is the $3 sparkplug-I've had 'em have a insulator break so you can't see it. Next check the spark arrester in the muffler to see if it is stopped up. Check the fuel lines for kinks/cracks as mentioned earlier.:waving: :waving:

9. subs1000w

subs1000w LawnSite Member

if this just started the first time you tryed to use it this spring after sitting for a few months it might be carb diaphrams, id just replace the fuel line/filter and rebiuld the carb and see it that helps if not it could be a clogged spark arrester

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a similar issue with one of my srm 210's and it was due to a pinhole in the fuel line.

Cheers
    Jeff