1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

weedwacker dont run

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by bribrius, Apr 1, 2008.

1. bribrius

bribrius LawnSite Member

its a ryan. the kind you mix oil and gas. ran out of the right oil so mixed 10w40 with it and ran it all last season that way with the choke wide open so it would stall. started up this year but wouldnt stay running dumped out the oil and tried to run it with straight gas. still wont stay running. changed spark plug. wont start at all now. any thought? i just put the right oil in it but dont remember the mix so took a guess.
  2. get a can of ether and give it a shot or two of it. I love using that stuff, just can't get enough of the smell of it.

ps. you should post this on the commercial mowing forum, you can get more help there.
  3. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Throw it away, buy a new one and use the right oil in it this time. :dizzy:
  4. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Well bribrius, me thinks you done blew that baby up......but you should post this over in the Mechanic's forum...kinda get a second opinion......(evil snicker)
  5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Bobby Gedd?
    If not, you've got to be cousins.
  6. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a mechanic...Junk it.

All the Ryan/Ryobi/IDCs, McCullochs, and Homelites get the "It would cost less for you to buy a new one than for me to repair this one" speech when they come in the door.
  7. bribrius

bribrius LawnSite Member

thanks for your help.
    it is the fuel line.
    it was tearing.

plastic line. has since completley ripped apart.
  8. Blunt

Blunt LawnSite Member

wrong oil or wrong mix in 2 cycle will kill you're motor.