1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weekend Mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by andersonmowing23, Sep 4, 2004.

1. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

I was wondering who all mows on the weekend. I have all residential so i don't want to bother them, but i do have to mow. I don't see a problem at all on Saturday. I start later on Saturdays, I usually leave my house by 10, for those people who want to sleep in on the weekends. My real question is on Sundays, can you mow on Sunday or not, or is it more just knowing what your customers will do
  2. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I will only mow on Sudays if I am really behind.
  3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I try to avoid working on Saturdays, but sometime get behind and have to. I go to church on Sundays, so unless it rains for a week strait I wont work. ( after church)
  4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I start at 9 on Saturdays. I don't cut on Sundays. All of my customers get mad if I do.
  5. satch

satch LawnSite Member

only on SUNDAY when your back is againest the wall
  6. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

I don't mind working on a Sunday....But some customers do tho.....Commercial isn't a problem here on Sundays.
  7. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i will do commercial and if the customer wants me to ill do bushes or a project on sun. I Cut if i am behind. I just ask them first.
  8. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I normaly don't mow on sundays, but like with this weekend labor day and all, I'm gonna try to get my monday lawns done on sunday so people can have cookouts and stuff, and i get the day off!
  9. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

I don't like working on Sundays but like ya ll said sometimes you have to do what ya have to do unless customer rejects.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll work on sundays, but i know which yards I can and can't do. I'll do doctors offices on Sundays if I don't get to them on Saturday. Had this one guy pull up to me as i was mowing and began to lecture me on how I shouldn't work on Sundays. I responded by asking him if he eats out on Sundays or goes shopping on Sundays. He responded yes, so I asked him why it was OK for the servers in the restaurants or the sales clerks in the stores to be working on Sundays? He drove off!!! My motto is " The Grass Grows 7 Days a Week"