Weekend Mowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bushwhacked, Jan 19, 2005.

?

Which days do you normally mow on"

Poll closed Feb 3, 2005.
  1. Mon-Fri only

30 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Weekends only

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Everyday

14 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. No Sundays

22 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. Bushwhacked

Bushwhacked LawnSite Member

Does anyone mow on weekends, I see lots of comments that say " Keep weekends open for rain". Is there a reason you don't normally mow on weekends, do your customers tell you not to come on a weekend? Just curious, anyday is fine with me.

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't do weekends because I am a full time firefighter. Between the 24 hour shifts at the firehouse and the part time mowing, I leave the weekends for resting and spending time with the family.

3. I personally reserve the weekends for the family.

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I try to finish before the weekend. Usually I will only have one or two for the weekend if I get behind for rain or whatever.

5. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

I usually keep Sat's open only for mulching or catch up work. I do enjoy working but i also enjoy my family and their time. I really try to keep extras in the week...but you know how weather loves to conform to your work schedule...

6. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

We mow Monday thru Saturday. No Sundays unless weather makes us.

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I try to not mow on sundays, no that i'm a religous nut but i respect those that are, it's a day of rest, may as well take one myself! I also figure that people hire me to mow their lawns so they don't have to, well I also don't think they want me there disrupting their family time on the weekends (sundays) or evenings either. I try to have my work done before people get home from work 5 or 6... Not always going to happen that way due to the weather, but they understand. Nothing better than driving the mower around back on a weeknight to find a party in progress that you just crashed because you can't work normal hours like the rest of the world.

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Weekends are for family and golf ....occassionally, we will work on a Saturday to finish an install, so we can start the next job on Monday on time. Right now , we only mow one day a week, which will be going to 2 days this year.

9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Lots of people mow on Sundays their called homeowners. I found myself getting backed up and working on Sundays 4-6 times this year and I cannot stand it. Always swear never again and then the weather has a funny way of breaking that promise. I have gone home and skipped lawns on Sunday out of embarrassment I would rather lose the money then cut on Sunday.

10. Bushwhacked

Bushwhacked LawnSite Member

Kelly, that's exactly why I don't mind being out there on the weekend. When the homeowner's out there and sees me he may consider letting me do what his wife is fussing at him to get out there and do. When you go thru during the week and they're at work , they come home and think the lawn fairy cut those lawns and they'll get around to it on the weekend, after the lake on Saturday and after the race on Sunday? My point is I WANT to be SEEN doing the work. :)