1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weekend Project

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by pilotcoplawnboy, Aug 29, 2004.

1. pilotcoplawnboy

pilotcoplawnboy LawnSite Member

This is my weekend project I just completed. It took me 2 1/2 hours to complete and cost me 120.00 dollars for materials. Can anyone of you guys or girls tell me how much you would charge for a project of this type? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By the way the size is 3ft in the front, 4ft in the back and 2ft on the sides.

2. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

$ 1000.00 including custom made mail box post in 6 feet of concrete. I have had to do a few of them because of hoodlums nocking them over.
  3. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

$120 in materials - 2.5 man hours = $325
  4. PrecisionLawnsInc

PrecisionLawnsInc LawnSite Member

Looks great... good work

5. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Hoodlums knocked over my mail box a few months ago so with the help of my mower I pulled up some huge rocks and used the mower to push them around the post. (they ran the mailbox/post over). Now it's still standing but others are having problems with the hoodlums running theirs over. I should bury a thin piece of wood filled with nails/screws for the neighbors.....LoL
  6. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

$1000 or thereabouts....
  7. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

$1,000?!?!?!?!?!? That would take a total of 2 hrs for just 1 guy, I'd probably charge you around $325-350 as well...good job sir
  8. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Around $525 or there about.....Nice job by the way....
  9. Ken Kesey

Ken Kesey LawnSite Member
    from Here

I can't see anyone charging over $400.

How much rock is that? Maybe 1/2 ton?

By the way, I think I live next door to you.
  10. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

My time to weld and fabricate the post is the kicker. And digging a six foot hole to put it in takes a little bit.