weekend tree work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MarcSmith, Jun 30, 2008.

1. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Well they are about the crappies trees on campus, after a storm two weeks ago, and 3 totaled cars. In we go to do some damage control. We prune and clean the trees about twice a year, but they are still fairly weak. We are now getting bids to finally take all 16 trees down...

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk71/marcjsmith/Med Dent Tree Work/

this is my fave...me pretending to be peter pan...

peterpan.jpg

2. MarcSmith

here is a pic of one of the branches that came down... Bye bye honda...

tree down.jpg

3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are some sweet pics

do you own the JLG Lift or is it a rental?

4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

OMG, if I was hanging down from that think I think I would have died, I hate heights.

5. MarcSmith

we own it. 120' of fun. Its about 4 years old with 300 hours on it. We also have a baker aichi 30' bucket truck mounted on in Isuzu npr, but it wasn't very useful on this project.

I think we use it more than all the other departments at the university combined.

the view of DC from Georgetown (one of the high spots in the city) is pretty neat...

6. MarcSmith

I was only about 10 feet off the ground...we have a couple guys that won't go up in it. juts for the fact that its got an open mesh floor...

7. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Only 10 feet? Oh, then I would have just passed out, but we need some people that will cut down trees, and I"d rather pay you or someone that does it for a living then me risking getting hurt doing it myself.

8. MarcSmith

trust me on the big stuff, we hire out guys. but for doing work in the high reach and not leaving the bucket, its juts as easy as cutting on the ground.

When it comes time to take the trees down. I doubt we'll do it in house, We will hire someone. if nothing more to limit our risk and potential liability.

FWIW I don't even do work at my own house. I call some one. I used to be monkey boy climbing in the tree, but one day while I knicked my wrist with a chain saw...Got lucky that day... Its not out of fear that I don't, but as I get older, I am beginning to realize my limitations.

9. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Not to criticize but the guy using the chains saw needs to get some glasses. All it takes is one chip to go blind. I like the lift. Nice work.

10. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

tree-work kicks ass! , my 2 favorite things about this buisness -tree-work & snow plowing!!!!!!!!everything else sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!