Weekend Warriors

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Jun 27, 2007.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I'm usually never on the road at 9:30 in the morning on a sat. Usually I'm sleeping or nursing a hangover from the night before. Anyways last weekend I had a new yard that need a cutting ASAP, so I was up and on the road. Boy was I suprised to see all the weekend dudes out and about in their minivans and avalanches pulling 4x8' trailers. I never knew all this activity took place and it made me laugh as I left them at the light choking on my diesel smoke.

I just thought I would post this thread, I know from my days on here that this topic has been discussed many times but I gotta repost one of these to hear the response.
  2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I love working on Saturdays, just to see all the weekend warriors. Amazes me, the amount of trailblazers and mini vans pulling mowers around.
  3. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

we see them here on Monday, Tuesday, Wed, thurs and Friday too!
  4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yea, same thing around here. Wait a sec... I guess I would qualify as a "weekend warrior", so I cant really say anything. At least I fully intend to make this my career after HS, and am not doing it after work for beer money.
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of those guys are doing it for a friend, mom, ex-wife etc. We get a whole lot of that here.
  6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

It's the same up here..:laugh: :nono:
  7. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I see a lot of them on Sunday's driving around.
  8. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to laugh at them, but now im thankful that they are all out there. Mainly because most of their clientel (if you want to call it that) is the people that only want the grass cut when its growing. I only want customers that want a full service year round company. I leave the crap yards full of sand and bahia for the weekend hacks.

It would be interesting to see how many of them are actually making money. For the fact that most are terrible with dealing with finances (reason they are not 100% self employed) and actually have to spend money they make at their regular job to keep their side business afloat.
  9. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

gotta love a thread that bashes a man for trying to earn a buck the old fashioned way-i'm guessing you have more respect for the guy holding the cardboard sign in the road who is doing nothing to contribute to society. someday well all be as good as you and your big ole diesel.
  10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

You must be one of the "Weekend Warriors". :laugh: