Weekends

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Turf Troll, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

I worked through last weekend and will do the same this weekend.

Who else works the weekend ?

2. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

we always work weekends but i try to take off on Sundays

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

If there's money to be made and my wife won't kill me for working on the weekend.... I'm working.

4. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

I try and hold off weekends for laboring work. especially this time of year. the 2 weeks before memorial day and 4th of July we work 7 days a week.

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually do not intentionally scheduele anything for weekends, I leave them to get caught up.

However, this Sunday I'm planning on doing some mulching, shrub trimming & removal. Its at a commercial site, and everything is up near the door and where customers park, Because its Sunday, there won't be anyone there, so its just easier that way.

6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think I've worked a Sunday in about three years...I put in enough hours Mon-Sat. Years ago I used to work 7 days a week, before I was married and had a family. Sundays are for family time.

7. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'll do an estimate on Saturday if we can't make somthing work during the week or evening.
    Weekends are for ME.

8. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

ALWAYS Saturdays and Sundays.

9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I often work at my paying job during the weekends. If behind or otherwise on Saturdays otherwise try to spend some time with my wife.

10. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

Sat is a given work day but Sunday only if I have the school property to do that will soon change as we only have 19 more days of school left