1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weekly cuts only?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lamblawnscaping, Apr 2, 2002.

1. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

Just wondering, do you all do weekly cuts only? I am mostly weeklys this year, but still have some 10/11 day cuts from last year left. Hoping to phase them out to all weekly for easier scheduling, easier cutting, and more money from weeklys.
  2. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I wish that all mine were weekly cuttings, but if they are not then they are on a 14 day schedule. I will not cut but on 7 or 14 day intervals.
  3. Pelican

Pelican LawnSite Member

I'm with Trimmer, anything else is too hard to schedule.
  4. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i might be crazy but i drop all my bi weeklys last yr and i kept one old lady because there just not worth it to me.to each his own
  5. Pelican

Pelican LawnSite Member

I've considered that too, Ron, but I have enough bi-weeklies to fill two alternating days so it works out OK. If I get enough additional accounts to drop them, I will, they never seem to go for any "extras".
  6. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Companies' area has something to do with it too......

Some southern grasses don't need to be cut as often.
  7. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

What pelican said about "extras" is so true. Almost all of my weeklys are on fert programs, and have pruning, mulch and other services. Almost none of the 10/11 days have anything extra.
  8. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

We only do weekly also. Its just to hard to schedule. In mid summer we will pass them up only if they can make it a whole week, otherwise we go ahead and cut.
  9. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I had a lady on 11/12 that paid at end of month that was a pain but she went to the old folks home so i then cut her on 14. The grass still looked good and I got an extra payment out of it.
  10. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Weekly and bi-weekly only. I charge a little extra/cut for bi-weekly and generally get them in the same amount of time as weekly cutting, but the extra dough makes up for the inconvenience.

I agree that bi-weekly customers rarely care about fertilizer programs and weed control, but I do have some that have signed up for these programs.