weekly cuts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by clncut, Mar 26, 2007.

1. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

How many of you continue your 7 day schedule during the spring. Do you change to a 5 day schedule and a 10 day during the summer months? Seems like it could be a scheduling nightmare if one had many accounts.

I currently bill the customer monthly for each visit during that month. I dont visit every 5 days during spring as this would be a pain in the rear for me since I have a full time job (24hr on 48 off). I just double cut during the spring and dont like it due to the prolonged time needed. Im thinking of starting to bill a flat monthly fee of xxxx amount that way I will get paid the same amount during the summer months when mowing may only be twice a month. Seems this would make up for the double cuts in the spring time months.

How many here do this? How many months should the payments be drawn out for? Im thinking 6. Thought about 8 but I think customers may not want to be paying for services not performed during off months even though their bill will be cheaper monthly.

John

2. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

any advice?

3. cks dad

cks dad LawnSite Member

I bill monthly also but all of my customers fert. and water all spring and summer so they need cut every 5 to 7 days.And i bill them for each cut.I give a discount if somebody pays for the whole tear up front.

4. puddin' pie

puddin' pie LawnSite Member

yes its called seasonal contract, don't give them a choice. this is the way it is.

5. BW Landscaping

BW Landscaping LawnSite Member

i bill my customer monthly on a contract, (ex. $1200.00 for season @$20 weekly maint. $160 for fert, $135 each for fall and spring cleanup, $160 for thatch and areate total of $1200.00 then i brake it down 32 weeks and get a price of $37.50 a week $150 a month) all my customers go for this, plus you get everybody to do everything