Weekly Goal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsfrk, Aug 19, 2004.

1. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I want to earn at least $1,000 per week after overhead cost.

How many accounts do you think I will need. Commercial or Residential?

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

well it depends. Are they going to be $20 jobs or $50 jobs or $200 jobs? You can figure that out can't you? Only you know what your overhead will be.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

1 lawn @$1,000, 10 lawns @$100, 20 lawns@$50, 40 lwns@$25 AFTER overhead and taxes and license, etc.......... If you can't figure this yourself maybe you shouldn't be thinking about going into business for yourself? I am not being rude but I mean this is a pretty dumb question.;)

4. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

It was an honest question. I was trying to figure out what the going rate was.

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

first i'd like to know what equipment are you using? Oh i replied to your other thread too. if i know equipment i may be able to give an idea what to look to get per hour.

6. MMLawn

Okay, I see but that isn't what you ask.

Most all LCO's charge by the sq foot to be cut and/or maintained. What is "average" here in NC or in TX or FL or where you are may or may not be the same thing though. You need to research the area you actually plan on cutting, assuming that you have experince and are using commerical equipment and of course licensed, insured etc. Good luck.

7. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

eXmark 52" liguid cooled, lazer z, eXmark 48: hydro turf tracer
    echo trimmer
    stihl blower

8. MMLawn

I'm sorry, but now I personally REALLY confused. You have all that high dollar equipment and you don't even know what the going rate to charge is in your area or even how much to charge?? Are you currently in business already??:confused:

9. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

jsfrk

If your costs are 1/3 of your revenue, you will need to do $1500 per week to net $1000. Over a 5-day period you will need to do $300 per day. If you service 5 accounts you will need to get $60 per job.

Plug in your own numbers. It's easy enough to do.

10. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, another thing to think about is this. If you don't require contracts, which I don't, your income can go way down during droughts, so your 30 $33.00 dollar mows can deteriorate down to bi weekly mows under bed conditions. Just something to think about when planning your cash flow.