weekly gross $

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hustlers, Sep 28, 2001.

1. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

i gross between $2-3,000 per week, about
    85 man hours mowing
    wandering what you guys pull in?
  2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

That's quite a spread there ain't it? People are hesitant to talk $$$$$$$$$$$ here so don't look for a real big response.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

that is quite a spread and i also noticed people here dont like to talk about the money. I posted a message last week along the same lines and didnt get much responce. I am only part time now, but considering going full time and appriciate (sp?) the input. Take it easy.
  4. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

the reason we dont like to talk about it is there is a lot of cash in this biz. and we know big brother is watching. (especially now) so we dont talk much about how much money we make. on the other hand we do often speculate on how much one CAN make.
  5. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

The reason I won't discuss my gross here is because any sales info I put out gives my competition an insight to my business.

I would LOVE to know what other legitimate contractors are grossing in my area.

In order to be successful, legitimate businesspeople can not do this with unreported cash.

6. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Don't really think it tells you much..

Just finished doing the numbers for this month.. 4 men/women on maintenance this month grossed $31,154.

Never work for cash.
  7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

funny isnt it, that people who claim to be 100% legit, cant discuss their income amoungst thier peers. hmmmm, makes me wonder....
  8. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

Perhaps if the name of my company and location were not part of my profile/signature I would be more forthcoming.

9. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What does being legit and disclosing financial information have anything to do with each other?

My financial information is between me, my accountant and the IRS. I do not know alot of people in or out of the industry that would talk about their salaries. Some may want to disclose that info., some may not, but that has nothing to do with being legit or not.

PS I didn't see your numbers...Does that make you not legit? NO
  10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

What's stopping you? You had a perfectly good chance to post your numbers in that post but seems you choose not to also.

The amount I make is totally irrevelant to anyone elses business.