Weekly Income for 3-man operation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lohse's Lawn Service, Jul 8, 2007.

?

Weekly Earnings for 3-man crew

1. $500-$1,000

4.2%
  2. $1,000-$2,000

15.1%
  3. $2,000-$3,500

35.3%
  4. $3,500+

45.4%
  1. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

I was curious what some of you guys earn in a week. I'm looking for responses from owners who have a 3-man crew. I'm trying to see if it's possible to have a $3,000 week. The most we've made in a week (my two employees and myself) is about $2300, this past week. I pay my two employees $10/hr, and I would like to gross a minimum $2,000/week. Our specialty is mowing, but we do trim hedges when needed. That's about it. I will expand further in the future, but for the time being, I will stick to the normal mowing and trimming. I'm curious to what other 3-man crews are earning on a 5-6 day work week. Thanks.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

In all reality, you should be making 2 grand by yourself in a week. If you are working every day & normal business hours.

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Agreed. You wont have much left over for yourself after expenses with even $3000.00 a week.

4. Lohse's Lawn Service

from US

Carcrz, that's what I'm looking for. Thanks for the input.

5. Lohse's Lawn Service

from US

I believe it's all a matter of adjusting my prices. I admit, a few of my yards probably are a little cheaper than they should be.

6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

How many accounts do you have? Average price? Any additional add ons for your company? Mulching? Hedge trimming? etc?

7. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

One of my 3 men cews doing just 4 days residential and one day commercial
    grosses well over $4500 + any extra work for the 6th day

8. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Myself and one worker gross over $2400 in 3 days of mowing only. I would say a 3 man crew should easily be able to gross $4000/ week with the proper equipment and a tight route.

9. Lohse's Lawn Service

from US

I have about 70-75 accounts, and I've probably gained about 35 new ones this year alone. Last year I probably wasn't even making $1,000/week. This year has been the best by far for us. Out of all of those accounts, I'd say about 20-30 are weeklies, and the rest are about every 8-14 days. I have some yards that are $15, which yes, I do realize is extremely cheap and I have some that are as high as $200. I came to the realization on a previous thread I posted a few months ago that most guys won't even drop their gates for less than $30+. I have taken that into practice ever since and I am making more money than what I would have bid it for last year (when I was stupid!).

We do hedge trimming occasionally, but that's also something I've just began to dive into and trying to understand a pricing guide for trimming hedges. How do your price yours?

10. Lohse's Lawn Service

from US

Wow. I'd say I need to bump of my prices. My accounts are all over the place, even though, that probably won't make a $1,500+/week difference. I appreciate the help.