Weekly mowing might start early this year

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Feb 5, 2012.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

With these warmer temps and no cool down in sight the grass has been growing. Spring fever is here. Just go to the garden center at home depot and see all the crazy people. I have been busy with mulching and trimming back dead stuff. With the way the temps are going I might have to start weekly mowing sooner than usual. Anyone picking up alot of work?

2. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

We have been very busy all winter, The Azaleas are blooming and the Maples are leafed out and loaded with seed.

3. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

We've had such a mild winter that the dafodills are blooming, and I saw one forsythia that had blooms on it this past week. If it continues, I will probably start mowing about a month earlier than normal. Getting calls from customers over a month earlier than normal to start working on pruning, cleanups, etc. :)

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I believe the year was 1994 and we has a super warm winter until the last week of Feb & first week of March. Every thing was flushed out or in bloom when we had 3 freezes in a two week period. It took two year for most plants to fully recovery from those freezes.

5. My agreements say weekly cutting starts may 1. They also say the customer gets 38 cuts for the year. Anything needed above that will be happily provided, but will be an extra charge.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Posted via Mobile Device

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

As Ric sort of said:

It ain't over until the corpulently challenged women sings. :p

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Right now it's leaves, leaves and more leaves. Two more weeks and the friggin pollen snow will start.:usflag:

9. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I think first of March for me.

10. Yea, pollen is the worst. I sneeze all the time when around it.
    Posted via Mobile Device