Weekly Or Bi-weekly?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by leaf man, Feb 24, 2008.

1. leaf man

leaf man LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    im just starting out in this business and i bought a client list from a guy with 75 accounts,and 25 of the accounts are bi-weekly. I really want to be a weekly only service....should i get rid of the bi-weekly people,and try to grow the weekly clientele,or is it worth sticking with the bi weekly group and hope they morph into weekly contracts?
    thanx a lot for the feedback!

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think you better hang on to every last one of them, goddamn lol you better do a good job, too.

3. leaf man

leaf man LawnSite Member

i have a lot of experience,just never owned my own business...but what happens if i get more weekly clients and i cant handle the load,then i have to dump people,which isnt fun....isnt it better not to start with them then to possibly have to dump them?

4. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

find 25 more bi weeklys and then scheduling isn't an issue

i don't have anymore bi weeklys... don't listen to me

5. Edge08

Edge08 LawnSite Member

I would phase out the bi-weeklys by raising prices on them. They need to pay for the inconvenience you will have. Have a personal conversation with them so they understand why you need to charge more for bi-weekly service, and at the same time show them the value they will get by going to weekly service.

In my market I find that bi-weekly customers do not give any long-term value in the form of referrals and upsells. So they should not be in your long-term plans.

6. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

man how do you guys convince these coustomers to go weekly,Ive got 85 accounts and 75% are biweekly and Ive tried for years to get them to go weekly. Most are elderly and set in thier ways and think its ok to go 2 weeks no matter what it looks like, and are not concerned how long it takes or how hard its on my eguipment,just wondering how to comvince them without dropping them since we have to eat too.

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I thought profanity like this wasn't allowed here on LS ... I do find it offensive !!

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Since you're just starting out, I think the suggestion to hang on to all of your clients is very good advice !!

9. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

i converted 2 and dumped 14

they can't be convinced

10. CrownlawnCare

CrownlawnCare LawnSite Member

I would raise the price to match what you need to cover your expenses. (you cant do it for a loss) Hang on to as many as you can as it gets to be tougher to find good paying customers and profit to match. That my 2 cents