Weekly or monthly???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andrew's Lawn Maintenance, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

I currently am servicing 18 mowing customers and I am getting tired of them saying that it is to DRY to come and the lawn doesn't need to get cut. Mean while in the spring I am cutting their lawns 2-3 times to get them looking right. I was just wondering how many of you are switching over to a set monthly amount and how you communicate this with your customers, via contract.

2. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Anyone there??????????

3. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

When you cut them 2-3 times are you billing them? I personally bill only for work I've done. This summer sucks I've been passing some lawns for a month now. Flat fee is tough in this area. People feel if you don't cut I'm not paying . I actually picked up a few people who were charge monthly.Only you can decide if you can afford it either way.Sorry can't be more helpful .

5. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

When I said 2-3 times, I mean't per visit. What a pain! Using a new exmark.

6. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

double blades. read up ALOT about them on here. then mow only once UNLESS they will pay extra. if they dont want to pay, then tell them you cant lose money.

7. grandview (2006)

In the spring I have a few like that when they get wet. I'll cut them first and then come back at the end of the day and recut and double bill ,never had a problem you need to talk to your customers and tell them "this is how I work' and they usually understand they just don't like being in the dark as to what your doing.

8. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

All landscapers on this site please reply on if you are switching over or currently using a set monthly rate (avereging out the total mowing costs for the season)

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I don't do to customers what I wouldn't want done to myself. If you tried this on me I would send you packing. Cut it in the morning and then because of inadequate equipment or techinques you need to come back later to finish... And then double bill? :nono: :dizzy: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

10. grandview (2006)

I must of deleted a line. There's a part of town where the ground is so saturated with water that if you spit on the lawn it will bubble up. People here know this even the ones who do their own lawn have to double cut. So you cut it let dry and run the mower with the catcher on it. Here's a picture of one of the lawns I pulled up empty it's less then 9,000sqft. And this is cut weekly besides.

grass clipping (Small).JPG