1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

weekly versus bi-weekly

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Chuckb1966, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Chuckb1966

Chuckb1966 LawnSite Member

question... during the growing season would you guys do weekly cuts or bi-weekly cuts?

2. Pitbull05

Pitbull05 LawnSite Member

Weekly rules
  3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

weekly, I will not take on biweekly cuts
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

How often did you cut grass before you got into the business?

Because I cut grass when it needs it.
    I wait until it gets yay tall, then I cut it, however long it takes, that's how often.
  5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

During the 1st heavy growing stages every week, then when it slows bi-weekly. Clients get put on a schedule that becomes there cutting day every week or bi-weekly.
  6. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

wont accept bi weekly accounts anymore
  7. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

if u are just starting out take what you can get because you need all the business you can get. Weekly of course is better because you are going to make twice as much money but i would just take what you can get.
  8. sancho_man_orlando

sancho_man_orlando LawnSite Member

I started taking on bi weekly about 1 month ago and I have picked up 14 new accounts since then. 2 so far have complained about it getting long between cuts. 1 just requested weekly today. Take what you can... 14 biweeklies $ 75 a month are adding up nicely.
  9. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

We do both weekly and biweekly (shouldn't it be bimonthly?). On the biweekly, the grass gets cut very high so we don't have the go over it more than once but that doesn't always happen. Irrigated yards get cut weekly.
  10. jbone

jbone LawnSite Member

I only do one bi weekly and thats only b/c its next to all of our weekly accounts so it makes it easy