1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

weight kits for grandstand question

Discussion in 'Toro' started by grassman177, Jan 21, 2011.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

in another thread you posted a picture of the wieght kit for them, and it looks nice and i thank you for that.

i have a question though. my dealer has priced them for me, but shipping weight is about 17lbs.

is the total kit with all wieghts 17lbs? or are each individual wieght 17lbs?

i need to know if the kit is one weight, or all three wieghts pictured, and total weight of each individual weight etc.

trying to discern if i buy the kit, then if i have to purchase additional weights or all of them come with it? and how much total can be placed on the mower?

2. grassman177

bump...............

3. The Toro Company

The Toro Company LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Grassman 177,

There is one weight per kit. Each kit does come with additional, progressively longer bolts. The more weights, the longer the bolts. There is not a "weight chart" to suggest how many weights are recommended per operator weight. The dealer will have to order a kit to see if it is adequate, then order additional as needed. The number of weights is also dependent upon the terrain being mowed. A large operator, going uphill, may require additional weights to keep the front end down.

The Toro Company

Attached Files:

4. grassman177

large operator is me, ahhaha

thanks for the clarifications. just what i needed to know.