Weight of 3 bushel cloth bagger?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by lawncuttinfoo, Jan 26, 2006.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I was interested to know the weight of the 3 bushel cloth bagger, only the part that you remove to dump the leaves.
    Thanks

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

The weight of the cloth bagger with leaves is never a problem. I don't know a weight.

The problem is when the bagger is full of wet, green grass clippings! However, rarely will it fill up properly so that it is truly full. Only in rare mowing conditions will it fill completely. When it does fill near-full, it can be real load to handle for me. Perhaps the weight isn't so much the issue as the awkwardness of carrying it. In the cloth baggers, the entire one side is open, leaving not much choice but to carry it carefully, lest the clipping fall out. Also, dumping the cloth bagger has good news/bad news. Good: It easily dumps the load completely, no sticking of debris. Bad: The load is not easily dumped precisely (OK for compost pile, open trailerl/truck, but not OK for barrels).

I have a cloth bagger and a Grass Gobbler. The Gobbler fills better, but is heavier and more awkward to carry. However, it can be carried in different positions, and no debris will fall out. Also, the lid must be taken off/on when dumping, but the cloth bagger is always open.

I started with the Gobbler many years ago, but then bought a cloth bagger because of the weight. I've moved back to the Gobbler, unless I have a very large bagging job. Also, the way I trailer and tie down my mower, the backing plate for the cloth bagger must be taken off when moving from job to job. Having a place for it, plus the hassle of off/on makes for extra work.

If baggers weren't so expensive, I would try an Accelerator. But, my intent is to minimize any bagging with my w/b, so I don't even want to make the investment.

3. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the tips but I've used other cloth baggers before, I need to know the exact weight of the exmark one for a proper business decision.

I have emailed exmark but 2 weeks no answer.

FYI use high lift blades and the cloth bags fill up completly, with gators they will only fill up 1/2 way.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

How well bagging works with a bagger for Gator blades depends on which Gators you have. I have a regular (standard?) set, and they don't work for bagging. However, I have a set of hi-lift Gators, and they work much better. Unlike the regular Gators, the hi-lift are acceptable. Perhaps they aren't quite as effective as standard hi-lift air foil blades, but the hi-lifts work much differently than standards. I have a 36" Viking, fixed deck mower.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

How well bagging works with Gator blades depends on which Gators you have. I have a regular (standard?) set, and they don't work for bagging. However, I have a set of hi-lift Gators, and they work much better. Unlike the regular Gators, the hi-lift are acceptable. Perhaps they aren't quite as effective as standard hi-lift air foil blades, but the hi-lifts work much differently than standards. I have a 36" Viking, fixed deck mower.

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello lawncuttinfoo,
    The 3 bushel bagger weighs 4.395 lbs.
    Thanks Brian